The School

About Bexhill

Who was King Offa


King Offa School Photo Gallery

See also The School 1907-1948 ~ The School 1950-1997 ~ The School Today

Click on the thumbnails below for larger photos.

King Offa School small.jpg (53299 bytes)

Playground small.jpg (62432 bytes)

Back playground small.jpg (76409 bytes)

A view of the school as it is today

The Reception Class playground

King Offa in the snow - January 2006

Part of the playground

The part of the school built in 1912

The original 1907 part of the school is nearest to the camera.

The original 1907 entrance, the carved cherubs at the top of the arch are now badly eroded. A close up of one of the carvings. The new brickwork shows where escape hatches were during the war, Anderson Shelters were built in the playground, each classroom had a hatch for use in case of air raids. The 1907 hall as it is today. The red door at the end originally opened from the Headteachers office onto a small stage. The 1907 hall was tiled in dark green glazed tiles The tiling in the 1912 hall is more ornate.
The original 1907 building as it is today. "Camelot" originally the outside toilets for the school, now additional classrooms. The 1912 entrance. Angel carving on 1912 entrance. This porch was moved from the southern end of the building in 1912, can you spot it in the 1907 photo? An original photo of the school as it was in 1907

"King Offa" History_2 School_Today History_1 Contacts Photos About Bexhill  Home Page